Muffins this yummy are worth waking up for! As long as mom or dad uses the oven, junior cooks can help with every step in this recipe.
Serving Size: 1 muffin176 1g 7g 3g 25g 1 1/2
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chunky applesauce
How To Make It
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with bake cups and set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter on high for about 30 to 60 seconds; set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir in the applesauce and melted butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the apple mixture over the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined (it’s ready when you can’t see any traces of flour).
- Fill the baking cups about two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.