This coffee cake is as easy as saying bibbidi bobbidi boo! Little chefs can measure out and mix the dry ingredients, sprinkle on the topping, and marbleize the batter.
Serving Size: ⅛ of cake249 2g 7g 7g 38g 2½
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1½ cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
How To Make It
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with 2-inch sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the butter, egg, and buttermilk. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix together all the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the batter. Run a knife or spoon through the pan, allowing the topping to trickle into the batter. You don't want to mix the two; you're aiming for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.