Have dinner south of the border with these chicken fajitas! Mama and Papa should grill the chicken, but los niños will enjoy setting out the toppings and rolling their fajitas!
Serving Size: 1 fajita331 8g 15g 20g 26g 1 1/2
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks, with 1 teaspoon of lime juice tossed in
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 small red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
How To Make It
- Place your toppings (avocado, salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves) in separate bowls and set them on your table.
- Next, make the rub. Combine the cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt in a shallow bowl. Lightly rub the spices into the chicken with your fingertips until the meat is coated on all sides. Heat your grill to medium. Grill the chicken on both sides, just until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, slice thinly, and set it on a platter.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the pepper and onion in the olive oil. Set them on the grill, using a vegetable screen, if desired, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the heat and set on the platter with the chicken.
- Place the tortillas on the grill for 5 to 7 seconds on each side, turning with tongs, until hot. Set out the grilled chicken, pepper, and onion with the toppings and tortillas. Let guests assemble and roll their own fajitas.