The protein in this breakfast is just what every hero-in-training needs! Parents should take charge when using the range, but the younger set can still scoop out the sour cream and even try separating the eggs.
Serving Size: 1/12 piece150 0g 7g 16g 4g Gluten Free? Yes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 medium leaves Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced ham (about 7 ounces)
- 2 1/2 cups grated reduced-fat Swiss or sharp cheddar
How To Make It
- In a medium-size skillet, sauté the onion in the butter and olive oil until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the chard and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Let cool.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and egg whites. Stir in the sour cream, parsley, ham, chard mixture, and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or bake it (uncovered) immediately.
- Heat the oven to 375°F. If the casserole was refrigerated overnight, let it sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. Bake until it has set, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining cheese and bake until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.