Girl or boy, warrior or farmer, everyone likes egg fried rice! Little chefs in training can crack and beat the eggs and then practice their chopstick moves while Mom or Dad cooks the rice.
Serving Size: 1 cup248 3g 9g 8g 33g 2
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked and chilled long grain white rice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
How To Make It
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and the sesame oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Add the scallions, peas, and grated carrot all at once, taking care to avoid being splattered by hot oil. Sauté the vegetables for 1 minute, stirring them constantly. Add the rice and stir the mixture occasionally as it heats for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat them with a fork or small whisk until blended. Then move the rice to the perimeter of the pan and pour the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the center. Add the eggs and stir them continuously with a wooden spoon until they are soft but not overcooked.
- When the eggs are almost fully cooked, stir the rice into them until everything is well mixed. Add the soy sauce and heat for another minute or two, stirring often.