You don’t need any pixie dust to make these tasty waffles — just a bit of cinnamon! Kids can almost fly on their own, from measuring the ingredients to mixing the batter. But only grown-ups should use the waffle iron.
Serving Size: ⅔ cup batter or 2 4-inch-square waffles308 2g 10g 9g 44g 3
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
How To Make It
- Set up the waffle iron on a countertop or table within easy reach. Plug in to preheat it.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and pumpkin. Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Coat the preheated waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour the waffle batter into the center of each section of the iron. (You will need ¼ to ¾ cup of batter for each waffle.)
- Cook the waffles for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they are crispy and light brown. (Read the manufacturer's directions for details about how long you should cook the waffles in your particular waffle iron.) Serve immediately with maple syrup and butter.