P-p-p-pancakes are p-p-p-pretty great! Kids can tag team on this project: one can mix the eggs and oil while the other mixes the dry ingredients.
Serves: 4 to 5
Serving Size: 2 pancakes322 3g 16g 8g 37g 2 1/2
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, or 1/2 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice (preferably fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
How To Make It
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs with the oil. In a medium-size bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, then stir in enough orange juice to create a thick batter.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan, then pour batter into the pan by quarter cupfuls. Cook until done, turning once.