This honey-covered cake will put a rumbly in everyone’s tumbly! Piglets can measure out all the ingredients and spread on the honey topping.
Serving Size: 1/24 of cake213 1g 8g 3g 33g 2
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2¼ cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apple (such as Cortland, Macoun, or McIntosh), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
How To Make It
- Heat the oven to 300°F, then generously butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, honey, sugar, oil, and water, beating with an electric mixer until well blended, or about 3 minutes.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Add the apples and walnuts and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry mixture and beat until smooth, or about 2 minutes. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake on a rack for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a plate to remove the cake. Top the cake with ⅓ cup of honey and sprinkle on the ¼ cup of walnuts, pressing them down gently with your fingers. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.