Cooking for seven can be tricky, but this recipe makes it simple! Little members of the household can have fun measuring out all the ingredients, stirring the mixture, and pouring it onto the cookie sheet.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup325 6g 16g 7g 38g 2
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries or other dried fruits, such as cherries, raisins, pineapple, or papaya
How To Make It
- Heat the oven to 300ºF. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, wheat germ, nuts, sesame seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the oil, honey, and water. Toss the mixture until the ingredients are well combined, then spread it evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the granola for 40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes to keep the mixture from sticking. Let it cool completely, then stir in the cranberries or dried fruit.