These little egg dishes are a family favorite at our house! These have become a go-to breakfast option for us any time we want something a little more special, as the flavors are quite different from our typical breakfast picks.
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes with basil
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a saucepan (or in the microwave), heat the crushed tomatoes. Spoon ¼ cup of the tomatoes into 4 individual 1-cup ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with 1 ounce of crumbled goat cheese.
- Crack one egg into each of the ramekins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the ramekins until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with buttered toast, if desired.