It’s hard not to squirrel away these nut-tastic snacks! Junior chipmunks can get artistic and drizzle the chocolate glaze over the chilled clusters.
Serving Size: 199 1g 7g 1g 8g 1/2 Gluten Free? Yes
- 2⅔ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups pecans or 1 (6-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2⅔ cups white or semisweet chocolate chips
- GLAZE: ⅓ cup white chocolate (melted with ½ tablespoon vegetable shortening) or ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate
How To Make It
- Line 4 miniature muffin pans with candy cups; set aside. Heat the oven to 350°F. Spread the coconut and nuts on separate cookie sheets. Bake each until golden brown, about 9 minutes for the nuts and 10 minutes for the coconut, stirring every few minutes to keep them from burning. Let cool.
- Combine the toasted coconut and nuts in a medium-size bowl. Melt the chocolate chips -- white or semisweet -- in the microwave according to the package directions. Add the melted chocolate to the coconut mixture; stir well. Drop the mixture by heaping teaspoonful into the candy cups. Chill until set, or about 45 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate according to the package directions. Pour the contents into a zipper bag. Snip off a small corner of the bag, then drizzle the chocolate over the clusters. Chill until the glaze is set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.