This potato salad is as good as a magic carpet ride through the Cave of Wonders! Mom or Dad should handle the food processor, but little chefs can juice and zest the limes.
Serving Size: 1 cup184 4g 5g 4g 30g 1 1/2
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
How To Make It
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water. Add the 2 tablespoons of salt and bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes or until you can pierce them easily with a paring knife. Drain them in a colander and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, puree the avocado, lime zest and juice, garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise, and remaining salt in a food processor until smooth. If the dressing seems too thick, add a tablespoon or so of hot water.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks (leave the skins on) and place them in a large bowl with the celery. Scrape in the dressing with a rubber spatula and gently stir it all together. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.