How about a low-carb cookie that’s also a cool science experiment? Watch your brown cookie batter turn St. Patty’s green as it bakes in the oven — a chemical reaction between sunflower seeds and baking soda! (Shhh: There’s also a hidden cup of spinach in each batch.)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup walnuts, pecans, and cashews (optional; for topping)
- 1 to 3 chocolate chips per cookie (optional; for topping)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Blend eggs, maple syrup, spinach, and vanilla in blender for about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture in bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop dough by large spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Top with additional nuts and chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.