It looks like this little leprechaun wasn’t quite so clever—he slipped right out of his shoes and left them behind for your little one to enjoy. This recipe is an easy way to dress up a simple snack of veggies and cheese. You could even pair them with a hat made of the same ingredients—if the leprechaun who visited your house is forgetful enough to leave both behind.
- 1 medium green bell pepper (you’ll only use ¼ of it)
- 1 inch-thick slice of cucumber
- 2 ½-inch square slices of cheddar cheese
How To Make It
- Cut a medium green bell pepper in half. Cut one half in half once more. Take one of the resulting quarters and cut it in half again. These two pieces will be the base of your “shoes.”
- Cut the cucumber slice in half. Place the green pepper pieces on a plate with the curly end facing up, and position one cucumber section on top of each at the opposite, flat ends. Using a knife, trim the sides of each cucumber section (creating a square shape) so that it fits properly on the green pepper piece.
- Using a knife or toothpick, cut out a small square hole in the middle of each cheese square to create the shoe buckles.
- Place the cheese on top of the cucumber. Depending on the shape of your green pepper, you may want to secure everything with a toothpick.