If you’ve got a loving family and yummy food to make with them, you’ve got the bare necessities! Your small fry will love measuring all the spices and shaking them up with the chicken.
Serving Size: 2 skewers287 1g 13g 35g 4g Gluten Free? Yes
- DRY RUB
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch-wide sections
- 2 bell peppers, cleaned and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
How To Make It
- In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes and put them in a gallon-size plastic zipper bag with the rub mix. Seal the bag and shake it vigorously until all the chicken is well coated.
- Place the onions and peppers in a gallon-size plastic zipper bag, add the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake it vigorously to coat the vegetables well.
- Assemble the kebobs by alternately skewering pieces of chicken, onions, and peppers.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium-high, close the lid, and heat until hot, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the kebobs, turning occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 8 to 10 minutes on a gas grill.