For a shipshape snack, deviled egg sailboats are right on course. To help create them, young skippers can peel the hard-boiled eggs, mash the yolks, and set the sails!
Serving Size: 2 egg halves116 0g 9g 6g 1g
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white or cider)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 red, orange, yellow, or green bell peppers
How To Make It
- Peel the eggs, then slice each one in half to make boats. Place the yolks in a medium-size bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the mustard and the vinegar, then add the mayonnaise, stirring until the consistency is smooth but not soupy.
- Next, make the sails. To do this, cut each pepper into 1-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips into 1-inch squares and slice each square in half diagonally.
- Fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture. Stick the sail upright into the filling and sprinkle with paprika.