Warthogs and meerkats go wild for this salsa! Parents and big kids can chop the veggies, while small fries drain and rinse the beans.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup71 4g 1g 5g 11g 1
- 2 medium-size Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 medium-size red onion
- 3 scallions
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
How To Make It
- Using a small knife, halve each tomato. Cut away the stem area, then cut the two halves in half. Over the sink or a small bowl, squeeze the tomato pieces as you would a sponge to force out the seeds and water. Use a knife or hand-powered food chopper to dice the tomatoes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Dice the red onion and add it to the bowl. Finely chop the scallions and add them to the bowl, along with the beans.
- Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and lightly toss the mixture until evenly blended. Spoon in the sour cream or yogurt and toss again until the ingredients are fully coated.