If you thought finding a tasty low-carb pizza recipe was about as likely as finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, think again! As those of us connected to type 1 diabetes know, there are few things trickier to bolus for than pizza. However, simple modifications like using a cauliflower crust can help without sacrificing taste. Even a couple of years ago, prepared cauliflower crusts were harder to find, but not anymore; they are readily available at grocery stores, and I take full advantage!
With this gorgeous rainbow pizza, feel free to get creative with your veggie choices and let your kids help pick their favorites. Mix a couple different veggies of the same color (say, tomatoes and red bell peppers) into each stripe, if you like. There are endless ways to make this pie your own. And it’ll no doubt be the prettiest pizza you have ever eaten!
- 1 prepared cauliflower pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- dash of garlic powder
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise (pith and seeds removed)
- ½ cup prepared cheese dip
How To Make It
- Bake pizza crust according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Cut off the bottom ½-inch of the pizza (forming a dome shape). Using a knife, cut out the bottom center of the crust, making a rainbow arc.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and garlic powder until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
- Starting with the outside of the pizza and working in, add layers of chopped veggies in a rainbow pattern (tomatoes, orange pepper, yellow pepper, broccoli, cabbage).
- Arrange cauliflower florets at the end of the rainbow to resemble clouds.
- Add cheese dip to yellow bell pepper half. (Use the dip for pizza slices and/or cauliflower chunks.)
- Cut pizza into 8 equal slices. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.