These delicious, protein-packed cookies have become a lunchbox staple for my son over the years. They’re the perfect dessert to top off your kiddo’s lunch without setting off a blood sugar seesaw.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 88
- Fiber: 1g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup zero-calorie sugar substitute
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on top (optional)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon and roll into 18 evenly sized balls. Arrange on a cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten and make a crisscross pattern on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a plate.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.