So this is what you really use a dinglehopper for! While mom or dad cooks the turkey, guppies can tear the spinach and measure out the raisins and pine nuts.
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 370
- Fiber: 3g
- Total Fat: 18g
- Protein: 20g
- Total Carbohydrate: 35g
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups fresh spinach (3 handfuls)
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6-ounce package rice pilaf mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
How To Make It
- Peel and chop the onion and carrots. Rinse the spinach, remove the stems, and tear it into bite-size pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the turkey, stirring to break up the meat, for about 5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Pour off any liquid. Add the chopped onion and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the water, rice mix, and butter or margarine, and stir well. Add the raisins, pine nuts, and spinach.
- Cover and simmer over low, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.