These little egg dishes are a family favorite at our house! These have become a go-to breakfast option for us any time we want something a little more special, as the flavors are quite different from our typical breakfast picks.
Serving Size: 1 ramekin (not including toast)
- Calories: 165
- Fiber: 0g
- Total Fat: 10g
- Protein: 11g
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes with basil
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a saucepan (or in the microwave), heat the crushed tomatoes. Spoon ¼ cup of the tomatoes into 4 individual 1-cup ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with 1 ounce of crumbled goat cheese.
- Crack one egg into each of the ramekins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the ramekins until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with buttered toast, if desired.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.