This quinoa salad is so fresh and light, and it’s the perfect side dish to go with wonton taco cups. If your kids haven’t tried quinoa before, this is a great first recipe to introduce it to them.
Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 82
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
How To Make It
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.