Frozen isn’t the only way to get your morning fruit fix — here’s a recipe for a smoothie that won’t make you shiver while drinking it on a cold winter morning. That’s because this smoothie is served warm!
Your first instinct may be to turn up your nose at the idea of a hot smoothie, but I’m here to tell you that you’ll be shocked at just how tasty they truly are! This particular recipe gives you all the flavor of blueberry crisp in cozy beverage form — the perfect solution for enjoying smoothies year-round.
Serving Size: 1 large mug
- Calories: 153
- Fiber: 4g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats plus more for garnish
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ banana
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of cinnamon
How To Make It
- In a small bowl, stir together oats and almond milk. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and let cool slightly.
- Add oat mixture and remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour evenly into two mugs. Garnish with more oats if desired.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.