Even picky eaters tend to love string cheese sticks, and most have zero carb grams, making them an easy snack for kids with type 1 diabetes. It’s what you do to the packaging that makes these particular cheese sticks so fun and festive!
Serving Size: 1 cheese stick
- Calories: 80
- Fiber: 0g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- 12 Mozzarella string cheese sticks
- Permanent markers (black and orange)
- Black construction or foam paper
- Double-sided tape
- Ribbon for scarf
How To Make It
- Use permanent markers to draw a snowman face toward the top and buttons down the length of the wrapper of each cheese stick, as shown.
- Secure a paper or foam hat with double-sided tape just above each face.
- Cut 12 pieces of ribbon about 2 to 3 inches long and tie one around each snowman’s neck.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.