Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 109
- Fiber: 2g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
Dietary Info Facts
- Calories From Fat : 44
- Saturated Fat : 1gt
- Trans Fat : 0gt
- Cholesterol : 0mg
- Sodium : 153mgt
- Sugars : 13g
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 4 medium tomatoes (1 pound), seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
How To Make It
- In a blender, puree the watermelon, tomatoes, lime juice, red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the soup into a tall pitcher. Place in the freezer. As the soup cools, it will form two layers. At the top will be a thicker, dark red soup and below that a clearer, watery liquid.
- Using a small measuring cup or a turkey baster, gently transfer as much of the darker, thicker soup as you can to a bowl and discard the watery liquid.
- Serve well chilled and top with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the basil.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.