You can’t help but fall in love with these adorable, bite-sized tomato hearts—especially when they’re dunked in a yummy, two-ingredient veggie dip.
Serving Size: 2 hearts (about 1.5 plum tomatoes) and 2 tablespoons dip
- Calories: 38
- Fiber: 1g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- 40 cherry or plum tomatoes (oval-shaped tomatoes work best)
- 1 16-ounce container plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch dressing dip mix
How To Make It
- Sort through your tomatoes, pairing together tomatoes that are similar in shape and size.
- Cut off the bottom of each tomato at an approximately 45-degree angle and reserve for another use (like a salad for lunch today).
- Place the cut sides of two large pieces of tomato together to make a heart, then thread a decorative toothpick through the two halves at an angle. Repeat with the remaining tomatoes.
- Combine ranch dressing dip mix with yogurt and chill at least 1 hour before serving with tomato hearts.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.