Savory and sweet, this healthy trail mix recipe is the perfect classroom treat for autumn-themed celebrations. Separate servings into plastic baggies for easier munching at snack time.
–Erin Palinski-Wade, R.D., C.D.E., L.D.N., author, certified diabetes educator, and registered dietitian in private practice in New Jersey.
Serving Size: approximately 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 150
- Fiber: 6g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (shells removed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Olive oil spray
How To Make It
- Stir together cranberries, sunflower seeds, and popcorn.
- Lightly mist mixture with olive oil spray, then top with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.