The only thing more fun than making these cookies is sharing them with friends! With a parent’s supervision, kids can follow this recipe from beginning to end.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 68
- Fiber: 0g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sliced kiwi, strawberries, or whole blueberries
How To Make It
- Place liners in a mini-cupcake pan. Put a wafer cookie, flat side up, in the bottom of each well.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, and honey until smooth. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon on top of each cookie, then top the mixture with the fruit.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap, then place it in the freezer until the fruit bites are firm, about 1 to 1½ hours. Remove the tray from the freezer for 15 to 25 minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.