Ironically, when it comes to bake sales, a no-bake option can often be your best bet—especially if you’re pressed for time. These no-bake cookies are quick and easy and use some household staples that you just might have on hand already.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Fiber: 1g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- 1½ cups sugar OR 1½ cups sucralose (nutrition facts calculated with sugar)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ to ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats
How To Make It
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Once melted, remove from heat. Add oats and mix well.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie.
- Do not bake; simply allow the cookies to cool completely before consuming or wrapping for a bake sale.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.