With just three ingredients, these Strawberry Santas are the perfect sweet treat for a holiday party. Older kids may even enjoy helping to make them. The best part: Each one has only 3 grams of carbs!
Serving Size: 1 Strawberry Santa
- Calories: 17
- Fiber: 0g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- 12 medium strawberries
- ½ cup sugar-free whipped topping
- 24 mini chocolate chips
How To Make It
- Using a paring knife, cut off the leafy ends of the strawberries. Make sure to cut evenly so the strawberries will stand up straight when placed on a flat surface.
- Cut off a small portion of the pointy end of each strawberry (don’t throw it away—it will be used to make Santa’s hat later).
- Place the strawberries with wide ends down on a platter and spoon approximately 2 teaspoons whipped topping onto each one, overlapping the front side of the berry slightly to create Santa’s long, fluffy beard.
- Gently place the pointy-end piece of each berry on top of the whipped topping as a hat.
- Use a toothpick to add a tiny dollop of whipped topping to the pointy tip of each strawberry to make the pom-pom of Santa’s hat.
- Press two mini chocolate chips into the whipped topping above the beard as eyes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.