Got leftover turkey and crudité? Use it to make these cute little turkey pinwheels. They’re a snap to assemble, super kid- and carb-friendly, and as tasty as they are adorable.
Serving Size: 3 turkey pinwheels
- Calories: 182
- Fiber: 8g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Protein: 12g
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- 2 low-carb tortillas or wraps
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices leftover turkey
- 12 red bell pepper strips
- 12 snap peas
- 12 baby carrots
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 matchstick carrots, cut into 12 equal pieces
How To Make It
- Lay tortillas on a cutting board and spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto each tortilla.
- Layer half of the baby spinach, 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and 2 slices of turkey onto each tortilla.
- Roll tortillas from one end to the other. Cut each roll into 6 sections. Secure each section with a toothpick.
- On a serving platter, arrange carrots, snap peas, and red bell pepper strips to resemble 12 sets of turkey feathers.
- Place one pinwheel on top of each of the veggie clusters.
- Poke a small piece of matchstick carrot into each grape tomato to resemble a turkey’s beak. (You may need to use a sharp knife to poke a hole into the tomatoes.)
- Place a grape tomato onto each pinwheel to resemble the turkey’s head.
- Serve immediately or cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.