Making steak stir-fry is roaring good fun! Cubs can lend a paw by measuring out all the ingredients, from the salt and cornstarch to the vinegar and beef broth.
Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups (does not include rice)258 1g 14g 28g 3g
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless shell sirloin steak, trimmed and sliced thin (2-</br>inch-long x 1/2-inch-wide strips)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup canned low-salt fat-free beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 8 ounces pea pods, trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Make It
- Whisk the egg white in a medium-size bowl until foamy, then whisk in the salt and cornstarch. Stir in the beef and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soy, hoisin, vinegar, broth, cornstarch-water mixture, and sesame oil; set the sauce aside.
- In a wok, heat the peanut oil on high. Add the beef and stir-fry until lightly browned. Add the ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add the sauce, pea pods, and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Finish by adding the optional peanuts and red pepper flakes.