This egg casserole is the epitome of simple but provides a wholesome, protein-packed meal to start your day. It requires just a few simple steps to assemble the night before; the slow cooker does the rest of the work for you while you sleep, and in the morning you have a delicious, nutritious breakfast waiting for you. It doesn’t get any better than that!
- 16-ounce package frozen hash brown potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound cooked diced ham (substitute sausage or bacon, if preferred)
- ½ cup diced vegetables of choice (bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.), optional
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make It
- Stir together frozen hash browns, onion, cheese, ham, and vegetables of choice, if desired (note: nutrition information was calculated without additional vegetables). Add salt and pepper to taste. Place mixture in a slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour evenly over hash brown mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, until eggs are set.