Did you know that waffles aren’t the only thing you can cook in a waffle iron? Get more use out of yours by making these incredible waffled eggs. They have the same fun shape as waffles but without all of the carbs. You can easily cater these to your own family’s likes and dislikes by adding or omitting ingredients.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked ground sausage (substitute ham or bacon if preferred)
- ¼ diced onion
- ¼ diced green pepper (or other vegetables of choice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat waffle iron to medium setting. Spray cooking surface with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in sausage, onions, and green peppers.
- Evenly pour half of egg mixture over the four squares of a standard waffle iron.
- Shut waffle iron and let cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until eggs are set. Open waffle iron and remove waffles with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture.