My family loves this low-carb, high-fiber twist on chocolate-covered strawberries — for Valentine’s Day or any day of the year.
Serving Size: 1 cookie118 2.6g 10g 3g 6g
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cup erythritol granulated sweetener, such as Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry preserves, such as Polaner Strawberry Preserves with Fiber, stirred well to smooth
- ½ cup extra dark chocolate baking chips, such as Guittard
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sweetener, and vanilla with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture in batches and mix well.
- Roll the dough into small balls and set on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Press your thumb down into the middle of each ball to leave an indentation. Place a small dollop of strawberry preserves into each thumbprint.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Watch closely and do not overbake, as the bottoms can brown quickly. (Using the top rack of the oven can help prevent this.)
- Remove from oven and let cool 3 minutes before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, up to approximately 90 seconds total. Once they're melted, top the strawberry portion of each cookie with a small dollop of melted chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.