These Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks are the perfect low-carb appetizer to bring to a party: Not only are they easy on blood sugar, but they’re bite-size (read: easy to carb count), full of delicious flavor, and require only a few ingredients. Greek yogurt neutralizes the heat of the hot sauce, making the flavor kid-friendly, too.
You can start cooking the chicken in the crockpot the morning before a party and quickly fill the celery sticks just before heading out the door. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
My family loves this buffalo chicken on its own, as filling in a low-carb tortilla, or even atop some shredded lettuce. It’s a very versatile recipe and one that I can trust won’t send my son’s blood sugar soaring.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch celery (8 to 10 medium stalks), cut in 2- to 3-inch pieces
- Blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
How To Make It
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine yogurt, hot sauce, onion, garlic, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken breasts, ensuring chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl and shred with two forks.
- Fill celery stalks with chicken filling (about 1 to 2 tablespoons each). Top with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.