Whenever my kids have friends over, the number-one requested snack is popcorn. It got me thinking: What if we take it a step further and add in some additional ingredients so that it becomes even more nutrient-dense, delicious, filling — and a mini lesson in carb-counting your own “cooking”? That’s when this recipe was born. It’s simple and contains easy-to-measure ingredients that teens can throw together on their own. Plus, it makes the perfect amount to share with a few friends.
- ½ ounce (14 grams) peanuts
- ½ ounce (14 grams) cashews
- ½ ounce (14 grams) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried banana chips
- 4 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 15 pretzel sticks
- 3 ¾ cup (28 grams) packaged popcorn
How To Make It
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir.
- Measure out individual servings.