Here’s a healthier version of the ever popular dirt-and-worms dessert. The classic typically calls for pudding, cookie crumb “dirt,” and gummy worms; for the update, you’ll combine Greek yogurt with sugar-free chocolate pudding mix for the base, then top with whole grain cereal for the dirt and add a banana tombstone for a spooky graveyard treat.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup whole grain cereal
- 1 banana
How To Make It
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and pudding mix. As you stir, the mixture will become a delicious mousse-like consistency.
- Divide yogurt mixture evenly between 4 small individual cups, reserving approximately 2 teaspoons to be used later for piping words on the “tombstone.”
- Top each cup with 1 tablespoon cereal. (For our carb count, we used Grape Nuts®. If you use a different cereal, adjust your count accordingly.)
- Slice banana in half widthwise, then slice each piece in half again lengthwise. Stick one banana slice into each yogurt cup to represent a tombstone.
- Place the reserved yogurt mixture into a small plastic bag and snip off a tiny piece of the corner to create a piping bag. Use it pipe “R.I.P” onto each banana slice.
- Chill and serve cold or even slightly frozen.
Grape Nuts is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods Holdings, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.