For a shipshape snack, deviled egg sailboats are right on course. To help create them, young skippers can peel the hard-boiled eggs, mash the yolks, and set the sails!
Serving Size: 2 egg halves
- Calories: 116
- Fiber: 0g
- Total Fat: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white or cider)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 red, orange, yellow, or green bell peppers
How To Make It
- Peel the eggs, then slice each one in half to make boats. Place the yolks in a medium-size bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the mustard and the vinegar, then add the mayonnaise, stirring until the consistency is smooth but not soupy.
- Next, make the sails. To do this, cut each pepper into 1-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips into 1-inch squares and slice each square in half diagonally.
- Fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture. Stick the sail upright into the filling and sprinkle with paprika.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.