Wait till you see how easy it is to make homemade tortilla chips! Just grab a shamrock cookie cutter and a spinach tortilla, and you’ll have these adorable St. Patty’s Day chips done in less than 10 minutes. Serve with guacamole or cheese sauce (as a “pot of gold”) for dipping.
Serving Size: 6 chips (not including dip)
- Calories: 54
- Fiber: 1g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- 4 large spinach herb wraps or tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt, to taste
- cheese dip or guacamole, optional
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a clover-shaped cookie cutter, cut shamrocks out of each tortilla. Try to make your cuts as close to the edge as possible so there are minimal scraps left over; you should be able to get about 9 shamrocks out of each tortilla.
- Arrange the shamrocks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spray them lightly with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with guacamole or cheese dip.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.