Looking for a colorful and tasty way to get some fiber into your kids? These pretty pink parfaits pack serious protein and fiber in their mysterious middle layer, which is made of chia seeds! I like to make the chia pudding the night before, so come breakfast time all I have to do is whip up the smoothie portion then start layering. Maximum results, minimal effort!
Serving Size: 1 parfait (half of recipe)
- Calories: 335
- Fiber: 16g
- Total Fat: 19g
- Protein: 9g
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ medium banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grain-free granola
How To Make It
- In a bowl, combine chia seeds, almond milk, and vanilla; stir well to avoid clumping. Chill in the refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
- In a blender, combine banana, strawberries, almond butter, and water and blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour alternating layers of the strawberry mixture and chia mixture into two 16-ounce mason jars or glasses. Top with blueberries and granola.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.