These bite-size tacos are the perfect way to spice up your kiddo’s lunch and get you both out of the sandwich rut. Letting the kids pick their own favorite taco toppings makes them even more fun.
My kids enjoy these at room temperature, but if your child will only eat them warm, just send them in a thermos that’s been preheated.
Serving Size: 3 taco cups (nutrition calculations do not include toppings of choice)
- Calories: 350
- Fiber: 1g
- Total Fat: 12g
- Protein: 27g
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Toppings of choice (such as shredded lettuce, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, etc.)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently push one wonton wrapper into each muffin cup. Add a second wonton wrapper on top of each cup, rotated slightly, so that the edges of both wonton wrappers show.
- Distribute ground beef mixture evenly between the twelve cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden and crisp.
- Top with taco toppings of choice.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.