Make a healthy (and gruesome!) version of a kid-favorite meal with these zucchini pizzas made to look like bloodshot zombie eyes. They’ve got all the flavor of your favorite pie minus the crust, in a perfectly bite-sized portion.
Serving Size: 2 bite-sized pizzas
- Calories: 58
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- 1 small zucchini
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded pizza blend cheese
- 12 mini pepperoni slices
- 12 black olives
How To Make It
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Slice the zucchini into 12 ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Place zucchini slices on a baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute pizza sauce and cheese between the 12 slices, then top each with 1 mini pepperoni slice and 1 black olive.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and broil for 2 to 4 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning.
Disclaimer: The experiences and suggestions recounted in these articles are not intended as medical advice, and they are not necessarily the "typical" experiences of families with a child who has type 1 diabetes. These situations are unique to the families depicted. Families should check with their healthcare professionals regarding the treatment of type 1 diabetes and the frequency of blood glucose monitoring.