They sell for big bucks at the store, but chocolate-covered strawberries are so simple to make at home! And they’re just sweet enough for an irresistible treat to send in for classroom celebrations.
–Erin Palinski-Wade, R.D., C.D.E., L.D.N., author, certified diabetes educator, and registered dietitian in private practice in New Jersey.
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries, rinsed and with stems removed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 60% cocoa or above)
How To Make It
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat. (Or, heat in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave, removing and stirring every 30 seconds or so, until most but not all chips are fully melted; remove and stir until smooth).
- Pour melted chocolate into small plastic bag, squeezing it into one corner.
- Use scissors to cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Squeeze chocolate through the hole to evenly drizzle over strawberries (approximately 1 teaspoon of chocolate per strawberry).
- Place strawberries in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.